Microsoft has released bunch of new cloud-based services which allows customers and their partners to manage Microsoft Dynamics AX projects from pre-sales to implementation and operations. Based on the phase of your project and the industry vertical, the site provides checklists and tools that you can use to help you manage the project. It also provides a dashboard so that you have a single place to get up-to-date project information.
You can login using your Partnersource/Customersource credentials over here lcs.dynamics.com
There's a new blog on LCS and below extract taken from here http://blogs.msdn.com/b/lcs/archive/2013/06/28/microsoft-dynamics-lifecycle-services-released.aspx
Overview of what’s available in LCS V1:
|COLLABORATION WORKSPACE||· Customer-managed collaboration workspace|
· Cloud-based, secure environment
· Project management using SureStep or other methodologies
· Project-specific dashboard
· Tools & data that connect multiple lifecycle phases to enable better decision making by key stakeholders
|Business process modeler||· Aligns industry processes (APQC) with process maps for Microsoft Dynamics AX.|
· Create cross-functional flowcharts based on rich metadata.
· Map processes & perform fit-gap analysis.
· Integration between BPM & RapidStart.
· Quickly generate documents and flowcharts using the updated TaskRecorder (KB#2863182).
|CODE & UPGRADE ANALYSIS||· Leverages a cloud-based rule engine to analyze code and identify potential best practice, performance and upgradeability issues.|
· Generates actionable reports in Excel & HTML that can be imported into MorphX IDE as actionable to-do’s for developers.
|License sizing estimator||· Estimate how many licenses you need (CAL)|
· Model the effect of custom roles on license needs.
· Get automatic CAL-level estimates
|USAGE PROFILER||· Model user & batch loads.|
· See graphic representation of load volumes.
· Identify a starting point for infrastructure sizing.
|Issue search||· Search a repository of reported, in-progress & fixed issues.|
· Identify specific code objects & lines of code affected by hotfixes.
· Get notifications for issue status changes, and new fixes for AX functional areas.
|DIAGNOSTICS||· Automate & monitor health checks for AX ecosystem.|
· Collect data from AX environments.
· Evaluate data against pre-defined rules
· Generate reports to provide actionable corrective actions
Additional References/Links to videos and more content available here: