Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Troubleshooting Dynamics AX 2009 SSRS Report Data methods displaying #Error

I had to modify a custom Dynamics AX SSRS  Report to use Data Methods and whenever I preview the report, it was giving me the below #Error text for data methods.











Solution
Note, that Reporting tools is here on my local machine and we have SSRS Installed on a different box. I did the usual routine of building the SSRS Project from Visual Studio and then going to AX > Reports Library node and then right-clicking the custom report library to deploy it.

After some minutes of troubleshooting, found that the custom model dll was not being deployed on the SSRS Report directory (/bin folder). Rest all the dll's were in place, so copied this dll manually from my local machine and placed it in the server's SSRS path. Now, the values started displaying properly.

Out of the below dlls, as mentioned above the model dll was not getting deployed on the server.

RCMSO.Model.dll
SharedLibrary.BusinessLogic.dll
RCMSO.BusinessLogic.dll
SharedLibrary.Model.dll

1 comment:

marcosh said...

I have the same problem with AX 2012. I tried to use your solution, but it doesn't seem to work. It also sees that moving .dll file in the Microsoft SQL Server\...\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin folder creates problems in the connectivity between the client and the server when generating reports. Any idea on how I can fix it?