Wish you all a Happy 2014!
Thanks once again to Packt Publishing to send me a copy of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Reporting Cookbook to review.
I had a chance to go through this book and this is a well written book easy to understand practical examples which can be used on a day to day basis for developers who are authoring SSRS Reports.
About the Author
I know Kamal through his blogs and contribution to Dynamics AX Community. Kamal has a new blog here http://dynamicsaxlounge.com/ More about the author below
Audience for this book
"Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Reporting Cookbook" is recommended for Dynamics AX developers and .NET-based SSRS developers looking to familiarize themselves with the AX reporting framework. A basic understanding of Morphx and X++ is assumed but the step-by-step instructions make it easy even for a beginner. Some examples use C# and VB.NET, so experience with Visual Studio is a plus, but not a must.
Overview (Highlights from this book)
- Create and deploy reports
- Understand the report programming flow
- Modify the reporting framework
- Create RDP-based reports
- Design tabular matrix and chart-based reports
- Debug reports, the reporting framework, and business logic
- Migrate reports from the legacy reporting framework
- Use web services, OLAP, and external data sources to create your report
- Learn how to approach report modifications
You can find a detailed chapter coverage here http://www.packtpub.com/microsoft-dynamics-ax-2012-reporting-cookbook/book
To conclude, I would highly recommend this book for Dynamics AX 2012 SSRS Report Development