Here are the steps if IIS 6.0 Management Compatibility is not configured for your IIS 7.0 running on Win Server 2008.
1. Click Start, click Administrative Tools and then Server Manager.
2. In the left navigation pane, expand Roles, and then right-click Web Server (IIS) and select Add Role Services.
3. On the Select Role Services pane, scroll down to IIS 6 Management Compatibility.
4. Select the check boxes for IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility and IIS 6 Management Console.
5. Click Next from the Select Role Services pane, and then click Install at the Confirm Installations Selections pane.
6.Click Close to leave the Add Role Services wizard.